How to End an Online Dating Message: Tips and Examples
In the world of online dating, communication is key. And while crafting the perfect opening message is crucial, knowing how to end an online dating message is just as important. The way you sign off can leave a lasting impression on your potential match and determine whether they’ll respond to you or not. In this article, we’ll provide you with tips and examples on how to end your online dating messages in a way that’s engaging, friendly, and effective.
Why is it important to end a message correctly?
Before we dive into the tips and examples, let’s first understand why it’s important to end a message correctly. The way you end your message can either encourage or discourage your match from responding. It can also give them a glimpse into your personality and communication style. A well-crafted ending can also set you apart from the sea of other messages your match might be receiving.
Here’s an interesting fact about online dating messages: According to a study by dating app Hinge, messages that include questions are 50% more likely to get a response than those that don’t. This shows that asking thoughtful questions not only shows interest, but also encourages your match to engage with you and continue the conversation. So, when crafting your next online dating message, be sure to include a question to increase your chances of getting a response!
Tips on how to end an online dating message
- Keep it simple: You don’t need to go overboard with your sign-off. A simple “Take care” or “Have a great day!” is sufficient.
- Use their name: Personalizing your message by using their name is a great way to show that you’ve taken the time to read their profile and pay attention to the details.
- Use proper grammar and spelling: Ending your message with mistakes in grammar and spelling can make you come across as careless or uneducated.
- Keep it light: Avoid ending your message with anything too serious or heavy. Save those conversations for later in the relationship.
- Show interest: Ending your message with a question or comment that shows you’re interested in learning more about them can encourage a response.
Examples of how to end an online dating message
- “Hope to hear back from you soon, [Name]!”
- “Have a great day, [Name]! Looking forward to getting to know you better.”
- “Take care, [Name]! Let me know if you want to chat more sometime.”
- “Thanks for chatting with me, [Name]. I’d love to continue this conversation soon.”
- “It was great learning more about you, [Name]. Looking forward to hearing from you again.”
- “I’ll be the avocado to your toast, [Name]! Looking forward to hearing from you.”
- “Wishing you a day as amazing as you are, [Name]! Talk to you soon.”
- “Don’t forget to bring your witty banter to our next conversation, [Name]! ;)”
- “You had me at your love for [insert shared interest], [Name]. Let’s chat more!”
- “Until we meet again, [Name], may your day be filled with unicorns and rainbows.”
- “I’ll be waiting patiently for your response, [Name], with a cup of coffee in hand and a smile on my face.”
- “Can’t wait to see what hilariously cheesy pick-up line you come up with next, [Name]!”
- “Hoping you have an awesome day, [Name], filled with all your favorite things and a response to this message.”
- “I’m convinced we’re a match made in online dating heaven, [Name]. Looking forward to talking more.”
- “Keep shining bright like a diamond, [Name]. Talk to you soon!”
- “Just wanted to leave a little note to brighten up your day, [Name]. Can’t wait to chat more.”
- “I’m not a mind reader, but I’m pretty sure you’ll respond to this message, [Name]. ;)”
- “Let’s make like two puzzle pieces and fit together perfectly, [Name]. Looking forward to it!”
- “Just wanted to let you know that I’m smiling like a fool after reading your profile, [Name]. Let’s talk more.”
- “I’d love to get to know the person behind the amazing profile, [Name]. Let’s chat!”
- “Your smile in your profile picture is contagious, [Name]. Can’t wait to hear more from you.”
- “I’m not saying I’m the best online dating message writer out there, but I’m also not saying I’m not. ;)”
- “Just dropping in to say hello, [Name], and to let you know that I’m interested in learning more about you.”
- “Hoping this message finds you well, [Name], and that we can connect more soon.”
- “I’m convinced we have the potential to be the best online dating success story ever, [Name]. Let’s make it happen!”
Knowing how to end an online dating message can make all the difference when it comes to getting a response. Keep it simple, personalize it, use proper grammar and spelling, keep it light, and show interest. With these tips and examples, you’ll be sure to end your messages in a way that’s engaging, friendly, and effective.
- Should I end every message with a question? Not necessarily. While ending with a question can show interest and encourage a response, it’s not necessary to do so in every message.
- How long should my message be? Your message should be long enough to show interest and engage your match, but not so long that it becomes overwhelming or difficult to respond to.
- Is it okay to use emojis in my sign-off? If it fits your communication style and the tone of your message, then yes. Just be sure not to overdo it.
- Can I end my message with a compliment? Absolutely! Ending your message with a genuine compliment can leave a lasting positive impression.
- Should I end my message with my contact information? It’s not necessary to end every message with your contact information, but if you feel comfortable doing so, you can include it as a way to encourage further communication.